Genç Ekonomistler Club aims to organize the “Genç Ekonomistler Congress” and to make this organization traditional, which has attracted great interest in many universities across the country. The congress, which will be held on an international scale, will be held online this year between 19-22 May 2022 with the theme of “Tomorrow”.
Congress theme, “The development of today’s economy, which carries the footprints of the past, with an innovative mentality is gaining momentum day by day. Young generations, who are the hope of the future, will become prominent researchers of the changing world conditions by making efforts with determination. In the dilemma of uncertainties and dreams, young generations with innovative research spirit should reconstruct their policy proposals according to the transforming tomorrow in order to generate bright ideas. ” and a call was made for a statement.
In this context, 79 applications submitted until February 25, 2022 were examined by the Organizing Committee. At the 5th International Genç Ekonomistler Congress, 27 studies with 25 different participants, consisting of undergraduate and graduate students, in accordance with the theme and participation conditions, were entitled to submit full text.
Accepted studies and researchers are presented below as a complete list.
1. The Impact of the Covid-19 Epidemic on Financial Markets with Macroeconomic Indicators
2. The Effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Individuals’ Habits and Preferences
3. Globalization and Poverty: MIST Countries
4. Evaluation of Cryptocurrencies and Use in Portfolio Diversification
5. An Alternative Approach to Exchange Rate Forecast Performance: LSTM
6. Examining Food Inequality in Low-Income Countries
7. Analysis of the Relationship Between Cryptocurrencies and Fiat Coins by Granger Causality Test: Market Factors and Sustainability
8. Future Jobs in a Digitalized Global World
9. Financial Crises and Warning Systems Under the Financial Instability Hypothesis
10. Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence in Audit
11. The Econometric Analysis of Indirect Taxes and Household Final Consumption Expenditures in Turkey in the Perspective of Balanced Development Strategy
12. Theoretical Analysis of the Relationship Between Global Climate Change and Sustainable Development: The Case of Turkey
13. The Effect of the New Orientation of International Trade on Real Investments in Turkey: A Study on the Belt and Road Initiative
14. An Energy Policy Proposal for the Future in the Context of the Risks of Fossil Fuels
15. The Relationship Between Economic Growth and Carbon Emissions: BRICS-T Countries
16. Status Quo from the Perspective of Institutional Economics
17. The Future of the World in the Context of Different Dimensions of Inequality
18. The Effect of Financial Openness on Economic Growth for Turkey
19. The Impact of Global Climate Change on Agriculture
20. The Age of Innovation: The Grossman-Helpman Model OECD Example
21. Covid-19 Process in Turkey: Demand-Side Analysis of the Effect of Uncertainty and Risk Increase on Cryptocurrency Markets and Decision Makers
22. Impossible Foods as an Innovation in the Global Food Industry
23. Current Applications of Foreign Trade Theories: A Study on Covid-19
24. Turkey’s Adaptation to Technology in the Transition Process to the New Economic Structure
25. Contemporary Digital Art and Its Use in the Pandemic Process
26. A Modern Approach to Okun’s Law: The Case of Turkey
27. Retail Goods And Services Via E-Commerce In Turkey Comparison Of Purchase Frequency According To NUTS-1: Multinomial Logit Model Analysis For Households
After the announcement of the determined summary studies, the “Congress Substract Booklet” was prepared by the Executive Board in order to share it with the public. This booklet can be accessed via the file below.